Monday, November 15, 2010

Monster Buffet


So, I am back....a month has past since my last post ! YIKES!  A lot has happened since then, craft show #1 {the 3 day blitz} was a HUGE success and the preparations for my son's 4th birthday party were completed and in the bag.

I took to baking up some special treats for my guy to share with his little buddies and any of their mom's who chose to stay and play. It seemed a perfect fit hosting a Little Monster Party seeing as a halloween celebration had just taken way at school on the same day. What better way for the kids to enjoy their costumes a little  bit longer. 
The transformer, the hamburger, the old western ranger...all suited up and ready for danger!
Goobly gook, and gross gumbo-
 everybody's tummies started to rumble-
To the kitchen we went to face our lunch
Who wants more ghoulish punch?



It looked like antifreeze and tasted marvelous!

All you need to make Ghoul-Aide is:
1 pkg dry green Kool-Aid Mix
1 can Frozen OJ concentrate
2 Litres Lemon Lime Pop

I garnished the mom's glasses with black rimming sugar, and added a gummy eye for effect.

Onto the fast finger food with yummy mummy weiner wraps, graveyard veggies, monster worms (cheezies) and a few chips with dip.

But my favorite was the dessert bar...



Sugar cookie bones, jellied eyeballs & other body parts, mummifed oreos, spooky cupcakes and CAKE POPS! Thank-you Bakerella for opening our eyes to the endless possibilities of yummy goodness. I tied the theme all together with PaperGlitter's Halloween DIY party pack.




  
 You can make your own delicious SUGAR COOKIES too using my recipe!

3/4 c. margarine or butter
1 c. granulated sugar
                                   2 large eggs                                   
1 tsp vanilla
                   1 tsp. baking powder                    
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp salt

Cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs 1 x 1. Follow with the vanilla. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix to incorporate.  In small portions, blend the dry into the moist ingredients and knead into a soft dough mixture.   Chill for 1/2 an hour in cellophane wrap if you want o have firmer shapes to cut out, otherwise on a floured board, roll out your dough to 1/4" thickness and cut out, lift to a parchment lined pan with a spatula and bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 F (for a crunchier cookie) or 375 F (for a chewier cookie). Cool on a wire rack & decorate as desired!


 

 <><><><><><>

  I made mention before about getting my glitter in the mail, so I jazzed up the green icing of the cuppies with a little rainbow disco dust. I found mine at cake stuff.





{Bakerella used an edible ink marker to write on her pumpkin cake pops in her spread published in the Betty Crocker FALL Baking news stand magazine...mine wouldn't write on the chocolate melts so I opted to use a diluted version of black food gel dye mixed with some clear vanilla extract. I then painted it on using a fine tipped paint brush for wonderful results!}

Some dollar store finds for wall clings and table coverings, helium balloons and the great spider web table runner from Pier 1 and that was a wrap.

...but no party would be complete without TAKE-OUT boxes filled with goodies as a warm up for Halloween night!




...moving on we've got about 6 weeks to Christmas!

Coming soon...
~ Grandma's Christmas Pudding ~
~ Merry Christmas Molasses Cookies ~
& other family favorites from my kitchen to yours!







2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so fabulous Jolynn!!!!! What a great job. Loving those mummy pops! :) I owe you a cupcake! Email me to let me know what your thoughts on it are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linette!
    Thanks for your kind words, I wanted to photo edit my pics for you before I send them along for your use too! We'll chat about the cupcake ;P
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete